Requirements for Tenancy:
- Each applicant will provide United Properties Ottawa with a written employment reference from their current employer stating their position, length of employment, salary/rate of pay, hours worked per week and the name and contact telephone number for their supervisor.
- Each applicant will provide United Properties Ottawa with a written current and previous landlord reference. References should include the name of the landlord or Management Company, a contact person and a contact telephone number.
- A prospective resident may not occupy the premises until the head office of United Properties Ottawa has received written confirmation of liability and content insurance reflecting the commencement date of the lease. Keys will not be issued to any applicants until a valid insurance policy has been received.
- All applicants will be subject to a credit history investigation.
- All applicants will be subject to a criminal background investigation.
- Upon acceptance of any application, the prospective tenant will provide United Properties Ottawa with a rent deposit equal to one month’s rent in certified funds.
- United Properties Ottawa does not accept co-signers or guarantors.
- Pets are not accepted at our properties.
- Please be advised we have introduced a non-smoking policy throughout the rental community. New tenants are prohibited from smoking anywhere in the rental unit, the building where the tenant’s dwelling is located, or in any of the common areas or adjoining grounds of the building or other parts of the rental community. This restriction also applies to members of the tenant’s household, and visitors and guests of the tenant. United Properties Ottawa cannot guarantee that there will not be smoke in the building, as tenants who commenced their tenancy before the non-smoking policy came into force may not be subject to the policy.
- United Properties Ottawa reserves the right to refuse any application due to any false or misleading statements made by applicant(s).
- Providing false information is a criminal offence.
- If any of the above requirements are not met, all related applications will be considered incomplete.
United Properties Ottawa reserves the right to make such other and further reasonable rules, regulations and policies as in our judgment and from time to time be needful for the safety, care and cleanliness of the premises and for the preservation of good order therein and the same shall be kept and observed by tenants, their families, visitors, guests, clerks, servants and agents. Rules, regulations and policies are subject to change without notice.